On Day 4 of the 2018 All Seniors Care Seniors Games we proved that golf is definitely NOT a Good Walk Spoiled! Play the game we did, it was truly a beautiful day on the links! With over 350 participants competing for medals, golfers showed off their best swings to enthusiastic audiences as Wii golfing tournaments were completed across the country. The crowds were on the edge of their seats as our finalists birdied their way to the medals. We’ve never had such an exciting year of golf as this year!
National Medalists – Wii Golf
Medal: Athletes Name: Score: Residence:
Gold: Alice Wesley -4 Victoria Landing
Silver: Charlie Simpson -3 Victoria Landing
Eileen Bronze -3 Victoria Landing
Bronze: Len Hart -2 Preston Park II
Bernice Moon -2 College Park I
Don Price -2 Beacon Heights
Joan Wilson -2 Sturgeon Creek II
Eva Clark -2 River Ridge I
Ivan McGillivray -2 Auburn Heights
Mr. Jean Claude Gelly -2 La Gappe 3/4
National Medalists – Bocce
Medal: Athletes Name: Residence:
Gold: Shelagh Miller Shaftesbury Park
Silver: Iva B. Cedarcroft Place
Sandra Nickerson Sturgeon Creek II
Ruby Rice Preston Park I
Bronze: Aileen Cools Auburn Heights
Norman MacPherson Chapel Hill
Peter Mitchell Sage Hill
Roy Light Seine River
Ann Michael Summerwood Village
Dave P. St. Albert
At Ottawa’s Cite Parkway, Gold Medalist Roland exclaimed: “my first time playing Shuffleboard, and I got the gold! Beginners luck or is this my game?” While in Stratford at Cedarcroft Place, Gold Medalist Ms. M. exclaimed: “I’ll have to tell my family that I’m going to go out golfing with them in the spring.” Our theme this year is “LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE” and today the golf jokes were flying, a few samples of our JOKE OF THE DAY:
• What’s the difference between a golfer and a fisherman? When a golfer lies he doesn’t have to bring anything home to prove it!!!
• Why do golfers always carry a spare pair of trousers with them? In case they get a hole in one.
• Golf balls are like eggs….They’re white, sold by the dozen and a week later you have to buy more…..
• God turns to Jesus and says “Watch this!”. He twirls his finger, and the Pastor hits a very difficult hole-in-one. Jesus is upset and asks God, “why did you do that?” God grins and says “who’s he gonna tell?”
• If it goes to the right it’s a slice, if it goes to the left it’s a hook, and if it goes straight it’s a miracle.
Across the country hundreds of older adults will continue to take part in the Games during tomorrow’s final day of competition when Card Sharks will be present. Any and all spectators are welcome! Congratulations to all our medalists and participants for making Day 4 of the 2018 All Seniors Care Seniors Games was a swinging success. Caddies were not needed today, but our staff and volunteers were! Without them, the Games would not be possible, so a big thank you and congrats to all.
– 30 –
For More Information Contact:
Joshua Kuhl, Senior Executive Vice-President of Operations, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.929.1328